Pattern: Grainline Studios Scout Tee
Fabric: Navy and White Striped Knit


Hello readers, and happy belated Fourth of July / Independence Day for all you USA residents :)

I am so excited about today's post, as this top has already climbed to first place on the "most worn me-mades" list (and yes, in case you are wondering... that means I have worn it almost every day since I made it - hahaha)


 

This is another variation of the ever-popular Scout Tee, that has prompted so many great looks over at Kollabora with Wanette's Scout Tee Sew-Along. There are still three days left, if you want to get in on the action!

I was inspired by the knit scouts recently made by Jen and Wanette and couldn't wait to get started on my own with this great fabric swapped to me from Meg :)  I made a few changes, including vertically striped side panels which added some visual interest and allowed more room at the hip. I also added a large bow at the neckline, fastened with one of the nautical buttons included in the swap. I had a heck of a time trying to decide how to use the buttons, but I couldn't be happier with the result.

Here are the details:

Pattern: Grainline Studios Scout Woven Tee

Size: 4

My Shape: Tall (6'0), pear shape, narrow shoulders, long torso

Fabric: Navy/White Striped Knit

Fit Alterations: None

Design Changes:

- Added two side panels with vertical stripes
- Added bow to neckline

Construction Notes:

- Used neck binding method instead of bias tape (see Renfrew or Briar instructions)
- Did not hem lower edge



All I have left to say is that I must make another knit Scout, stat! I can't stop wearing this one :)