Hi friends! I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the blogging world, but it seems that I am not the only one having a busy summer! I have really enjoyed keeping up with everyone's posts and I have been doing a little sewing, but no great finished projects yet. On my sewing table right now:

View 3 Dress with Hi-Lo Hem in Blue/White Ikat Print
View C - High Waist Bikini Bottom (hopefully won't fall off while wake-boarding :)
Briar Tee - Love this pattern!
I have also branched out into a new realm of sewing with a Hand Embroidery class at the Needle Shop in Chicago - it was a blast and I have been trying my new skills on a tote bag -

My own design - so I can practice a different stitch on each letter!

Stem stitch, Blanket stitch in a round, and Chain stitch
This week will be a little crazy as I am a guest lecturer at VanderCook College of Music (my alma-mater) to graduate students - that's right. I just graduated last summer with my Master's - needless to say, I am feeling a bit under qualified and overwhelmed but definitely proud to be teaching alongside some amazing veterans of music education - and I bet none of them sewed the outfit in which they will be lecturing ;)

Hopefully once that is done I will have time to get some pictures of my recent makes at the beautiful family lake house - here is one favorite from our last trip!

Da hubs invaded my photo shoot - and yes, he is shorter than me :)
Until then, happy sewing! And happy summer!!!