Hi All! Have you seen the gorgeous multi-color floral maxi skirts floating around the interwebs lately?? I just love the look - so colorful, cheery, and screams SPRING! I wanted to have one of my very own! So I found this wonderfully soft and colorful floral jersey and made one! :)



Here are the details:

Pattern: What pattern? Lol

Fabric: Matte Jersey Packed Floral Fabric - Joann Fabrics

Notions: 3/4" elastic, thread, ballpoint needle

Construction Notes:

- Skirt is basically giant fabric tube (sewed /serged long edges together) gathered around the top
- Used elastic waistband method from Megan Nielsen's Virginia Leggings
- Didn't even hem (worried it would be too short) - plus it's a knit - who cares!? ;)

Here's a closeup of the waistband:



Originally I tried to use this McCall's pattern (6725) View B for a cascading / wrap maxi skirt, but it ended up looking very narrow and tulip shaped :/ Be warned - pattern envelope illustrations can deceive! I had to buy more fabric to get a full gathered maxi skirt, which means I have some left over - what else should I make with it? I mean LOOK AT THIS AMAZING FABRIC!!!! It is incredibly soft and has every. single. color.



It's so easy, so comfortable - everyone should have one!!! :)

Not easy to photograph in windy situations, however...
And one more quick announcement:

The winner of the Daphne Bracelet from the 31 BITS Giveaway is........


Yay Beth! Thanks so much for commenting, and the story - yet more proof why knits really are the best kind of fabric ;) Be sure to e-mail me your shipping address so I may send you an adorable pink bracelet! OK, I'm out!