This beautiful fabric has been in my stash for at least a couple years. I love the satisfaction that comes with pairing an old, loved fabric with a sudden pattern/design inspiration and seeing how it turns out!
|EPIC SLEEVE!!! :)|
- Size 12 bust, size 10 at shoulders/armscye, size 14 waist
- Added 2" length
- Slash and spread skirt portion of dress to add width at the hips - needed more room there, and liked the style of a more flared skirt
- Added side seam pockets :)
- Very simple pattern! No closures, zippers, or buttonholes to worry about
- The instructions don't really mention how to finish the seams. I finished mine with a serger. I think a beginner pattern should include this important step!
- This did not fit me like it appeared on the envelope - the front appears to meet and close above the bust, and the skirt falls straight. On me, it was extremely gape-y and loose at the top when I tried to close it as pictured - there seemed to be a lot of extra fabric between the bust and the waist. I decided to wear it more open at the top, with a cami underneath. I actually like this look better! With the tie belt and loose sleeves, it almost feels like a kimono dress, which goes perfectly with the floral print :)
The Verdict: I love how it turned out, despite the fit issues - the fabric really makes this dress pop! Can't wait to wear for more special occasions through the spring and summer :)
What's on your spring sewing list? Do you find your sewing mojo returns with the warmer weather? Or are you a super-sewist who can go year round no problemo? Lol. Thanks for reading!
P.S. I have purple hair now! :)